MWI Monthly Meeting – Third Saturday of Every Month
Where: Newton Wellesley Hospital
Cafeteria, Second Floor (Rear)
2014 Washington Street, Newton, MA 02462
When: 9:00-10:30 AM
Tradition 9 reminds us that OA, as such, ought never be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve. MetroWest Intergroup (MWI) is one of those service boards. This brochure was created to help members understand what MWI does and to encourage member meetings to do service by participating in MWI.
Here are a few of the things that occur at Intergroup:
- Planning of OA events, e.g. 12-step marathon or Sponsorship Workshop. Do you have an idea for another type of event? Come to a meeting and we will help you organize, plan and even fund it.
- We work on a wide variety of public outreach – Boston hosts the annual meetings of many professional societies. In recent years, we have staffed a booth at conferences devoted to Nutritionists and other weight-loss specialists, Therapists, Addictions Counselors, and even staffed booths at high school health fairs. Do you have an idea for a new event we should get to? Or, just come and help us coordinate one of the ones we already attend Just about everyone who represents OA at one of these events finds it extremely rewarding!
- We help get new meetings started by providing seed funding for rent and literature.
- MWI also puts out a quarterly newsletter called the Trusted Servant. Why not write an article sharing something about program that works for you or some other story related to recovery. We currently need an editor for the Trusted Servant. Click here to read more.
- We meet each month on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 7-8:30 PM. Meetings are held at the Stephen Palmer Senior Center, 83 Pickering Street in Needham.
Come do service and strengthen your program by attending the next MetroWest Intergroup meeting!