Other OA Meeting Information, Meeting Minutes and Archives
What is Intergroup
Metrowest IG meets from 9-10:30 am EST on the third Saturday of each month.
Zoom info: zoom link
Mtg ID: 705 658 2424 Passcode: email for access – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradition 9 reminds us that OA, as such, ought never to be organized; but we may create service boards or committees directly responsible to those they serve. MetroWest Intergroup (MWI) is one of those service boards. This was written to help members understand what MWI does and to encourage member meetings to do service by participating in MWI.
Our intergroup’s goals
- Help members strengthen their personal recovery.
- Increase the number of sponsors.
- Increase the number of newcomers.
- Increase the retention of newcomers.
- Help those in relapse.
- Inspire people to give more service.
- Increase outreach and public information activities.
- Support diversity and inclusion to better serve those underrepresented in MWI/OA
What goes on at Intergroup meetings?
Here are a few of the things that occur at Intergroup:
We plan OA events, such as 12-step marathons or sponsorship workshops. Do you have an idea for another type of event? Come to a meeting and we will help you organize, plan, and even fund it.
- We work on a wide variety of public outreach, including by representing OA at the annual meetings of many professional societies. In recent years, we have appeared at conferences devoted to nutritionists, other weight-loss specialists, therapists, addictions counselors, and have even staffed booths at high school health fairs. Do you have an idea for an event we should get to? Or, would you come and help us coordinate one of the ones we already attend? Just about everyone who represents OA at one of these events finds it extremely rewarding!
- We help get new meetings started by seeding funding for rent and literature.
- Before the pandemic, meetings were in a private meeting room next to the cafeteria at Newton Wellesley Hospital, 2014 Washington St., Newton, Mass. May we meet there again soon!
Come do service and strengthen your program by attending the next MetroWest Intergroup meeting!
Creating promotions for local events?
Do it yourself
Use our graphic standards and photography to carry the message. Download the PDF below for directions on creating a look and feel that represents MWI OA.
Let us do it for you
Contact us at email@example.com and we will create it with you.
Thanks for your service and carrying the message!
OA Regional Information - Local Intergroups
PLEASE NOTE: To find meeting info within one of the Intergroups listed below, please enter its a 5-digit number (IG# 09xxx) on the Find A Service Body page at OA.org.
Cape Cod and Islands
Cape Cod Intergroup — (IG# 09125)
PO Box 273
Centerville, MA 02632
Central Massachusetts Intergroup — (IG# 09106)
Entire state of Massachusetts
Mass Bay Intergroup — (IG# 09025)
PO Box 74, Arlington, MA, 02476-0001
(781) 641-2303 and (617) 641-2323
North of Boston, Massachusetts
North Shore Intergroup — (IG# 09200)
PO Box 214 – Reading, MA 01867
Western Massachusetts Intergroup – (IG# 09130)
OA Global and Region Information
Overeaters Anonymous World Service
Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.
World Service Office
P.O. Box 44020
Rio Rancho, New Mexico 87174-4020
OA Region Intergroup Information
Region 6 of OA
Region 6 of Overeaters Anonymous
(Represents New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Central and Eastern Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Bermuda)
Region One consists of Overeaters Anonymous meetings and Intergroups in the Pacific Northwest of North America: the Canadian Provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan, and the Yukon and Northwest Territories; and the States of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.
Region 2 of Overeaters Anonymous serves California, Hawaii, Mexico and Northern Nevada
Region 3 : AZ, CO, NV, NM, OK, TX, UT
Region 4 Illinois (except Greater Chicago area and Central Illinois Intergroup), Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario, and the territory of Nunavut.
Region 5 Greater Chicago Area and Central Illinois Intergroup, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Southwestern Ontario
Region 6 Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Bermuda
Region 8 The region is comprised of the USA’s southeast states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. It also includes Puerto Rico, South America, Central America, and all of the Caribbean Islands. Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands have long been a part of our region, and in July 2001 the rest of the Caribbean Islands were officially welcomed into Region 8 along with Central America and South America, as well. SOAR 8 is one of ten areas around the world formed to serve the regional needs of Overeaters Anonymous.
Region 10 Australia, New Zealand, Far East, South East Asia and the Pacific http://www.oaregion10.org/all-events/
Region 11 is the Virtual Region.
Announcements and Meeting Minutes Archives
Announcements_Summary_2021/22 12 /1
Meeting Minutes 2022
Meeting Minutes 2021 (no mtg 9.21)
Call anytime – phone: (508) 875-0001
Or submit your comment in the form provided